Friday, November 18, 2011

Tostadas

You need:
Tostada shells
1 lb lean beef
1 tbsp taco seasoning (recipe found here)
Shredded cheese
1 can black beans
1 can refried beans
tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  The tostada shells I use to not say to cook them but I warm them before topping them.  Cook the beef and then add the black beans, taco seasoning and about 1/2 cup of water.  Cook until all the water is absorbed.  When warming the refried beans I add about 2 tbsp of water to make the beans a little easier to spread on the tostada shell.
To top you shells spread the refried beans, beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and then you tomatoes.  You may top yours with sour cream or salsa.  Or you may add them amazing sauce that my mom use to make.  Click right here for the recipe.
Here are my boys enjoying some yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment