Friday, November 11, 2011

How to get Grease Stains Out of Clothing

How many items of clothing have been tossed into a bucket of rags or taken to a donation site because of grease stains.  I have searched and tried all sorts of laundry items with no luck in removing the stain.
I found an article last week that said I could use chalk?  Really? Chalk?  It stated the chalk absorbed the grease whether the stains was old or new.  I tried it...
I shaved the chalk on the shirt and let it set over night.  I will not identify the site because it did not work.
I kept searching.  Then I found my miracle solution here.
You'll never guess what took out the stain.
Dish soap!
Can you believe it.  If you think about it though, that's the job of our good and trusty dish soap is to soften and loosen the grease and food from our dishes.
Genius..Here are the amazing results.

Here's the sweater after about 1 tbsp of dish soap.  I put it directly on the stain and let it set over night. 
Then I just washed and dried like normal.
Ta Da!!  Amazing!!  Shirts in the future many have a long life.


No comments:

Post a Comment