Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Curtains

My living room has been a work in progress since I have been out of school.  A few days ago I made new pillows for my couch.  To see that transformation you can go here.  So today I painted the living room.  The fam and I went to the Restore and found a half full 5 gallon bucket of a very pretty and neutral paint color.  It was only $7.50.  Awesome!!  I love that place.  Now that the walls are painted I decided I could show you my beautiful curtains I've been making.  I found enough fabric to make 5 valances.  Here's all the fabric I got...
The fabric on the far left is a very soft grey.  That is what I used for the curtains.  That's the only that cost $2.50.  The middle fabric is an upholstery fabric.  I made a pillow with that one.  That cost $0.40.  And the fabric on the far right is a sheer silver fabric.  I'm thinking of making a gathered pillow.  Yea, you'll just have to see how that one turns out because I'm not sure how to explain what I'm envisioning.
Didn't they turn out nice?!  They were a little plain with just the grey so I put on a cute piece of ribbon to spice them up a bit.  The ribbon was only $1.00 a spool. 
Right now in these pictures it looks a little bland.  I'm just going to give it some time.  I'll know when I see that piece of art for the wall or fabric for the couch.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment