Sunday, November 6, 2011

Apple & Raisin Cookies Attempt #1

Although I love making up recipes for dinners and such, I have never had the guts to attempt a sweet treat.  As I went looking today for a recipe that included apples in cookies I came up ended handed, and thus led me to my experimental mode.  I must say, I'm quite pleased with the results I've achieved for my very first cookie recipe.  I'm not a huge fan of "cakey" cookies, but they were pretty good so I decided to share this recipe.  I will continue experimenting with this recipe and make adjustments accordingly.  My first change will be to add one less egg and add less baking soda.  I'll keep you updated. 
1/2 cup softened butter
2 tsp vanilla
8 oz softened neufchatel cheese (similar to cream cheese)
2 eggs
2 apples peeled and shredded in the Cuisinart
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup raisins
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp orange peel
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut
1 cup dark brown sugar
In mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and dark brown sugar.  Once completely mixed add the eggs.  Next add the shredded apples, raisins and coconut.  In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, orange peel, cinnamon, and oatmeal.  Cook in an oven set at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment