Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Apple & Raisin Cookies Attempt #2

So we are still eating cookies from attempt #1, but I could not wait to make batch number two.  We are going to have cookies coming out of our ears, so the first batch is going to work with Shawn.
This is what I tried for this second batch
1 cup softened butter
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp fat free milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 cup raisins
2 grated apples
1 cup flour
I combined the softened butter, milk and cream cheese with electric mixer till creamy.  I then added the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and egg.  Mix well.  Next stir in the grated apples, oatmeal, coconut, raisins, flour and baking soda.  Mix together until everything is combined.  Place on cookie sheet by the spoonful and bake in 350 degree oven.  Bake for about thirteen minutes.
These cookies turned about much less "cakey" than the first batch.  These had a more "cookie" like texture.  I'll keep at it though until I get it just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment