Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Kitchen Makeover

Today Shawn and I painted the kitchen.  I love painting.  Well, I should say, I love what a difference paint makes.  Do you have a ReStore in your area?  They're awesome.  It's run by Habitat for Humanity.  People take all kinds of building supplies, paints, tiles, shutter etc. and donate leftover supplies.  Then the restore sells it for a fraction of what it would cost.  You name it, they probably have it.  Anyways, today we went looking for some paint for the kitchen and came home with this amazing mocha/gray color.  I love it.  It's such a calming color.  And with the white cabinets it makes it that much brighter.  I also got these great valances from the thrift store today.  It was actually one long valance and I cut it and made two.

Didn't these pictures turn out so cute.  I bought frame from the dollar store.  And the paper is scrap booking paper I already had.  So today's makeover on the kitchen cost $24.38.  Here's the break down:
1 gallon paint $8-
1 valance (cut into two) $2.38
6 black frames $6-
2 candles $2-
2 hurricane glasses $2-
2 bags of split peas $2-
2 bags black beans $2-
I'll get some picture up of the valances in the day light.

No comments:

Post a Comment