Saturday, October 1, 2011

DIY Taco Seasoning

Does your family live on tacos and burritos like mine does?  We absolutely love tacos and burritos.  And they're so easy.  But did you know that most taco seasonings contain mono sodium glutamate (MSG)?  And those little packages of taco seasonings are almost a dollar each.  Want to make your own?  This recipe is awesome.  I not only use this seasoning for tacos and burritos but also tried it in a Mexican soup I made last week and it was wonderful.
You'll need:
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp diced dried onions
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients together and store in air tight container.  I use about 1 1/2 tbsp per 1 lb of meat.
Idea for DIY taco season adopted from several different blogs.
Of course I changed them to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment