Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

Baked sweet & sour chicken. That's right, baked not fried, and it's Ahhhmazing!!  First bite and my husband proclaimed, "I'd put this in the top 5 of my all time favorite meals."  Yeah, it's that good.
For the chicken coating:

~5 chicken breasts
~1 cup corn starch
~2 eggs
~1/4 cup corn oil (it's what I had)

For the sweet and sour sauce:

~3/4 cup sugar
~4 tbsp ketchup
~1/4 vinegar
~1 tbsp soy sauce
~1 tsp garlic salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Rinse chicken in water and cut into chunks.  In two separate bowls place the beaten eggs in one, and the corn starch in the other.  Cover the chicken with corn starch and then place in the eggs.  Heat the oil in a skillet.  Place the chicken in the pan and heat the chicken till just brown. Do not cook thoroughly.  Next place chicken on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.  Mix the ingredients for the sauce together and whisk till mixed.  Pour over the chicken and place in oven.  Turn the chicken every 15 minutes until cooked, about 45 minutes.

I served the chicken with steamed rice and I opted for Roasted Green Beans

I hope you enjoy!!


Kate Anne

Recipe adapted from Life as a Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment