Sunday, January 1, 2012

Weight Watchers Black Bean & Avacado Salad

These little babies are simply AMAZING!  They are only 2 points and 140 calories.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
To make your own shells with corn torillias (I placed them in the microwave for 30 seconds), wrap them in a circle and press into the bottom of a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Don't worry if the shells start to break a little while folding them into the tin.  That is why I put them in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them a little softer.
While tortilla's are heating, mix up your bean salad.
15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 avocado, diced
1 tomato diced (Recipe did not call for, but I thought was appropriate)
 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp chili powder (Or you can use my homemade here.)
Salt & Pepper to taste
I also added about 1/2 cup of fresh spinach finely chopped.
The recipe also called for 1/2 cup red onion.  Since I'm not a huge fan of onions that are not cooked, I omitted them.
These might be good served with a dollop of fat free sour cream or some fresh salsa.
This recipe will definitly be filed with my favorites.
Recipe from Super-Foods Cookbook.

Enjoy!

Kate Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment