Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Button Monogram "F"

I saw this idea a few weeks ago on pinterest.
I have been collecting buttons for a very long time.  But I have never known what to do with them.
Do you know how many times I have done a Google search, "What to do with buttons?"
Many, many, many times.  But my search always come back with nothing.  Well, I should say nothing of interest to me...Until I was on pinterest and saw a picture that intrigued me.
The maker of a similar button monogram actually sews the buttons on fabric, I just hot glued mine.
It turned out great.  I got the frame with the matting at Goodwill for $2.38.  I already had the buttons, fabric and hot glue.  So this was a very cheap project.  Even if you had to buy the buttons, fabric and hot glue this would still be a project less than $10 or $12 dollars.
First I took the cardboard that came as backing of the frame.  Then I cut fabric about 1 inch larger than the cardboard.  Next I hot glued the fabric to the cardboard.  Next I went through all my buttons and found similar colors that would work nicely together.
I kept the matte on so I knew how big to make my "F".  Then I arranged my buttons before I hot glued them to be sure I was happy with the layout.  I designed my "F",  But you can find the letter you're looking for on line.  There are lots of sites that provide specific designs.
Be careful when gluing your buttons on to not put glue right in the center of you button.  Put only on sides so it does not run through the center holes in the button.  Next add it to the frame without the glass.
What do you think?  Didn't it turn out cute!?  I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment