Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guilt Free Potato Salad with NO Mayonnasise

While I love potato salad, it's loaded with fat and is not very good for you. And since my husband adores potatoes and would eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner, I'm always trying to figure out new things to make with potatoes. Although potato salad is not a new dish, finding a recipe without the loaded calories is another story. Here is a recipe that I've come up with that was quite tasty.

You'll need:

8 medium potatoes
(I prefer red potatoes but any will do)
1 cup light or fat free plain yogurt
2 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup sweet relish
2 stalks of celery
1 green bell pepper
2 small tomatoes
1 tbsp dill
salt
pepper

First...
I do not peel my potatoes with making this salad.  But you could certainly peel them if you like.  After chopping the potatoes boil in water for about ten minutes.  I like my potatoes a little crunchy.

Wash and dice the green pepper and tomatoes.  You could also add onion, although I am not a huge fan.
In a bowl mix the yogurt, mustard, relish, and dill, celery, and diced bell pepper.  Next add the potatoes.
Mix all ingredients together.  Add salt and pepper to your liking.  Add diced tomatoes to top for color and serve.
Enjoy your bowl of guilt free potato salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment