Monday, August 22, 2011

Noah's First Day of School

Our little boy is now in the second grade.  I can't believe it!  Where has the time gone?  It seems like yesterday...oh wait...yesterday seemed like yesterday.
To look back on what we have been through with Noah, it seems like a blessing Shawn and I are still sane today.  Because of Noah's special needs, there have been many days I wondered if I would make it through.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to believe that all Noah's difficult days are behind him.  I do believe that the good Lord is giving Shawn and I a breather right now though.
As Noah's speech progresses, we continue to see the kind and loving heart that Noah has.  He speaks ever so softly with an, "I love you momma" and my heart just melts.  Noah's social skills are flourishing and his aggression subsiding.
As his first day of school drew near, so did Noah's excitement and curiosity.  He understand that he will have a new teacher and make new friends this year.  And to our delight, he's excited for his new adventures as a second grader. 
We'll see what this year holds for Noah's growth and development.  I believe Gods hand in Noah life will continue to make each day a wonderful memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment