Friday, July 29, 2011

Yummy Pumpkin Pancakes

One of my favorite dinners to make is breakfast.  I love pancakes and eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits and gravy.  Although I love pancakes, I don't like thick pancakes and don't care much for plain pancakes.  I've been searching for a basic pumpkin pancake recipe that I could tweak and make to my liking.  I found this recipe on about.com.  I made several changes to this recipe.  These pancakes were the bomb!!  Amazing!!
2 cups any brand pancake mix
2 1/2 cups milk (I used Fat Free)
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp orange peel
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix the dry ingredients: Pancake mix, cinnamon, orange peel and the brown sugar. 
Finely chop the walnuts and add to the dry mixture.


In separate bowl mix the wet ingredients: Eggs, milk, vanilla and pumpkin puree.

Next combine both the wet and dry mixtures together.  Turn on the griddle or pan and let heat up before you put on batter.  You should be able to feel the heat with your hand above pan.  Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray.  Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to put batter on griddle.  Let the pancakes get the bubbles before turning them.
Maybe I'll try them with some fat free whip cream next time.  These were amazing.  My son wanted me to make some with a smiley face.  And of course no breakfast is complete without some over medium eggs and of course scrambled for Noah.  I also made some turkey sausage.

1 comment: